This report sets out the evidence on children’s calorie consumption and the details of the calorie reduction programme.
In terms of the evidence the report includes details of:
- recommendations around calorie intakes, sources of calories and reported levels of intake
- calculated estimates for daily energy intakes and excess calories consumed by children and adults
- evidence on reformulation and portion size reduction; and public perceptions and attitudes to calories
- estimated health economic benefits of a calorie reduction programme
- For the calorie reduction programme, the reports sets out: